Saturday 11 March 2017

CGPA

The last time I remember studying for such long stretches bookishly was my board exams. Engineering for me was not ment to be a techmax learner course. It was not supposed to be about grades, but I didn't even realize when I got myself in their race! Now that I know I'm in, I can force myself out.
But why do we have this race in the first place? Why can't we be like Finland?
  Importance to grades here seems to be due to:
1) Family pressure to perform well as compared to your peers. and/or
2) A desire to prove yourself.
Secondly, as everyone says - the education system is flawed. I don't know about the IIT's and NIT's, but being from a top(I'm still trying to figure out why do they call it so...) college form Pune University, i can say that majority of a college grad's time goes in exam based learning and assignment submissions.
On the bright side, the system will push you to learn tough things that you might think you don't need unless you actually need them and that's a good thing(or may be you wanna know them but you are too lazy to put in the effort).
But for those who came to college with a spark, I'd say keep the fire burning, find like minded people, believe in what you want and do.
A desire to learn is lost somewhere in this major crowd. But yes, we do exist. Curiosity is a wonderful gift mankind was born with and we crave for knowledge even if it's forbidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment