Tuesday 1 March 2016

Brave


A & B were best friends for 4 years if their engineering from IIT. A did his B.Tech CSE at IIT Bombay and B did Mechanical Engineering in the same college. Both of them were hired in a multinational company with fat salaries. A was the top developer at apple and B was in Hundai.

Years passed… A soon traveled abroad and the friends were no longer in touch. A quit his job at apple and joined another reputed company and became the company's CEO in a few years. 10 years after his graduation he got a chance to come to India. He decided to go on a long drive on the outskirts of Bombay and so he was all set. As luck would have it his cars tyre was punctured just a short distance from a garage. He got some help to get his car to the garage to fix it.

And there was B in greased clothes ready to service A’s car. Stunned, A asked B how come he landed here! He could have been a billionaire by now and most likely a CEO of some multinational company. He knew B well enough, becoming a CEO would not be at all difficult for B.
B smiled and answered, “I left my job just a month after joining bro. I always wanted to use my own hands to repair and design stuff. I wanted to fix peoples cars and bikes all of my own. Here I get to do that and I love it.”

A was in tears, being a CEO has nothing to do with success he knew that he always did. He also knew that his heart was in becoming a full time open source developer. That’s what got him into CSE. He knew he should have followed his heart and he would be happier even  if he was just among the thousands contributing. He knew it all, but he never dared to go against the flow.
#Dare #ZoomOut

"Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life, you didn't settle for it."

Reminds me of one of the songs in my childhood collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment