Friday 4 December 2015

CS50 Rocks!


I was up all night yesterday and found some amazing stuff on the internet, the most awesome one being the Harvard CS50 course which i'll take on EdX(which is another cool site i found) form 1st Jan 2016.


Yesterday night i got a few things cleared about myself after a geeky chat with a repeater JEE in FIITJEE from my hostel(and i have to say the guy knew a whole buch of stuff about computer hardware and basic electrical and electronics in day to day life - it's always a pleasure for me to meet such people in life who have an idea of what is going on around them and how the heck it's going on).

  • Google - There's always a scope of improvement and maybe that's the case with Google. If google had been that almighty giant that i some times think it to be, it would not have taken me so long to find out bout the course as is obvious form my google searches i'm always hungry for some cool tutorials and lectures online. The best result presented to me was form MIT-OCW which i was not quite able to keep up with. It got fairly complicated and boring real quick and there was nothing the professor would do to make it mare interesting. The learning process had an important role of the teacher to keep us on track and make the sessions live and interesting even for the last benchers. I don't know about the college rankings given on the internet but if i had to choose between MIT and Harvard OCW i'll go for Harvard as for now.

  • CS50 - I just saw on lecture yesterday it had most of the stuff which i already knew while some of it was new. The format was close to traditional - The professor speaking on and on and on but some how it all seemed interesting. I read some reviews about the course on internet which were mostly good. This is the kind of course which will get people interested in CSE... Looking forward to join it officially form 1st Jam 2016 on EdX till then i have access to all the course material on the CS50 website. Love it.
    CS50 reviews on coursetalk

  • Guitar - It makes my simile when i think the the CS50 lectures kept me up all night and motivated me enough to go out for a morning walk with full enthu. Well nothing(including my recent taste in music was able to do that!) more on it in my drafts...

  • Linux - The open source community has always attracted me. That explains my interest in Google's Android and Linux more than Windows of Macintosh. I found a free course on EdX which is a sort on Working with linux guide and the most beautiful thing about it being one of the course makers is the guy who made Linux! Pretty cool right? really looking forward to this course.
For me - Education is some thing magical. The enthu to know about things, that happiness when you figure things out, it's all just amazing.

Cheers to all the open source knowledge on the internet and all the great teachers who make all that interesting to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment