Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas and have a geeky new year

How Computers Work - By Ron White
I bought this book a few days ago and I should say this is by far the best book I ever read. The book has some cool graphics that explain in layman's terms many of the geeky thing about a computer. It's mostly about hardware and software's interaction with it. No C, Cpp or Java. But the pretty graphical explanations do their thing better than most animated videos you'd find on YouTube - Believe me I know what I'm talking about.
The book is one of the few ones that are recommended for the Harvard CS50 course (that's how I came to know about it in the first place).
The course itself is another jawdropper - It begins afresh on the first of Jan 2016 on EdX.
P.S - Ignore the photo, Ron paid me a few hundred bucks for advertising it ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment