Monday 25 January 2016

Story Time

This is a write-up my friend Sharveya sent me a couple of days age.
I used to be something else than today.Having a competing attitude I would always comparemyself to a friend of mine. He was a frequent winner but I managed to win insome (and when I say winner I mean he got an A in tests and I stood there downin the list what a B+ - well it’s actually worse when you get a 49/50 and your friend gets a 50).We have had our discussions on phones about topics (in the syllabus :-P) discussing home-assignments and study strategies but that always ended with a same note "Tuza kiti Zaala".Most certainly in 10th he scored 0.2% percentage more than me(that’s how people see it).Then we chose a different path leading to same goal(engineering or more precisely engineering form IIT).My path was very difficult,and his path lacked the competition. After 2 revolutions of earth…He was better than me and I felt bitter.I failed to accomplish my dream. The he gotadmission to central university, I realized I lacked in hard work and perseveranceeven though I had strong determination. He was not determined but his hard work tipped him.Actually if I think about it in a different way we both failed…We have had a friend in common who didn't speak muchabout his studies; nothing at all when I visited him,  we both played computer game in those twoyears.And now he is in the most reputed centraluniversity.That day I realized actions speak louder thanwords.His actions did the thing. According to psychology,The one who tells about his goals and dreamsactually is unable to achieve it.Because those words or dreams are just on thetongue they don't provide the inner ignition that enables a person to work hardenough. This is my small experience in life.Do tell me how is it?I think I will never forget those two years oflife that gave me enormous amount of inspiration, opinions, teachings, views.I may not be successful but I learnt many thingsform people around and I think that will help me in future. Thanks.
Original article and life experience of Sharveya Nitin Baxi,
Editing by Shreyas.

No comments:

Post a Comment